Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 18


Karen and I were the first ones in the office this day so we decided to make use of the alone time we had at the office by playing pingpong. We both suck at it so it was a pretty pointless game. Eventually the other interns came and we headed back to our spot at the accounts wing (the pingpong table was at the creatives side)

The pingpong table (taken by Kevin D)
 
A little later I did the usual newspaper monitoring again. It’s actually fun since I get to read the articles as I look for the ads but it does get irritating if you can’t find the ad you’re tasked to find. It gets even more irritating when you find out that you can’t find the ad because someone already took it from the paper! This has happened to me twice and I can’t begin to tell you how frustrated I was feeling. 

After learning Adobe Illustrator, I tried to learn Adobe After Effects which my co-interns are using and what the editors of Visual Hub are using as well. I consulted Youtube once again but I wasn’t inspired to learn so I stopped at motion then didn’t try again. I’m pretty content with Adobe Premiere at the moment.

Earlier in the week, we were given a task to write “extraordinary” stories that have something to do with a technology that Smart Communications supports. We didn’t need to emphasize the use of Smart, we just had to make the story as extraordinary as possible. We were asked to write as many as we can so that the creatives have a lot to choose from. I wasn’t in the meeting when Ms. Jayme explained the mechanics so I was pretty confused with exactly what to do. I submitted 3 stories and wasn’t very confident that they were any good. Well, this morning was judgment day because Ms. Jayme was about to announce which of all the stories we submitted was going to be produced. And surprise, surprise, my story was one of them! :) Only two of our stories were chosen among everyone’s work and a third one was thought of by Ms. Merlee herself. I got to be the head of my team and got to choose who would go with me. Joni was assigned as the head of her story and Alex volunteered to head the story Ms. Merlee chose. 


My story would be shot on location at Enchanted Kingdom and I had Karen, Ram and Kevin M. on my team. We made the treatment right away since I would be leaving at noon for a job interview at Antipolo. I left the treatment with Karen and had her present it to Ms. Jayme for me. She emailed me the corrections made and what the next step was. And to my shock, it was to shoot the thing right away! We were heading to Enchanted Kingdom the next day (with food and travel allowance plus a flipcam) and I couldn’t be more excited. ;) Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment