Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 2

I didn't do the mood board last night (even if Sir told me that was my assignment) since I knew I wouldn't be doing anything from 9am this day until noon when Sir Richie gets back. I decided I do the task during the said time. last night, I finished my online portfolio for my DM9 Jayme SyFu application instead. Its weird that they gave me my schedule before I completed their requirements but I ain't complaining! It just makes getting accepted a little less fulfilling.

Anyways, I spent the first hours of work finishing the 3 mood boards for the 3 concepts I passed yesterday. I'm not really good with PDF (and by that I mean, all I know is how to highlight, zoom in and out, download and upload). I did my editing in Adobe Photoshop and then after saving them as picture, I transferred them to Powerpoint (one photo per slide) then saved the entire presentation as PDF. The result was very blurry and although Sir Richie understood the images (and approved), he asked me to resend the file in Hi-Res. I tried again, but just the same I sent a PDF of blurry mood boards.

Sir Richie probably caught on and realized PDF wasn't a program I mastered so he had me send in the file from Photoshop and he converted it to PDF himself. I was very happy with the mood board I made especially when Ms. Joy got a copy of it through email from Sir Richie and in disbelief, asked if I did it. I said yes and she said wow. The wonder and satisfaction of one syllable conversations can surprise you. :)

I spent the rest of the day looking (read: admiring) my online portfolio which I rushed in two days. Its these kind of moments when I forgive my arrogance and throw humility out the window. I know arrogance should never be tolerated but I think everyone deserves a few minutes of it at least just with one's self. I was praising myself in my head anyway so no one knows I was being arrogant (well, until know that i just typed it in but you get the point)

I had my first lunch with the people in the office and it was okay. Pretty acceptable for an awkward-in-crowds type of girl esepcially since we were eating which made the small talk even more awkward. I found out that the company was just about 2 years and that most of the people in the office were just months in office (at least the ones I talked to). They were semi-fresh graduates (about a year or two since they graduated) so the age difference isn't much.

I finally got my time sheet this day and I had yesterday and today signed by Mr. Simoun. I have 15 hours down which means I have 85 more to go... it looks like a lot but I don't think it will feel likewise.

Since it is my second day, I gathered enough courage to take a better picture of the place. I took this shot just as the elevator was about to close (this was on my way out)

I wore a dress with b&w stripes on top and solid blue on the bottom. I let my hair down, wore flats and a cardigan. Its a shame my "courage" wasn't enough to take a picture of my outfit (which I thought was a perfect blend of casual yet polished... or so I think) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment