Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 1

This has got to be the best first day of work ever (well, it is the ONLY first day of work I ever had so technically it is the best by default). I got to do a lot of things and even do it very quickly!

I got in at 1pm since I was told I had to come in just 3 hours earlier that day. The moment I got in, Sir Richie or as everyone in the office calls him "Direk" gave me the brief for a product that the company was tasked to make a commercial for. I was trying to feel the place and trying to feel the "I am an intern" feeling so the first 30 minutes was a bit blurry. Fast forward to when my brain went back inside my head, I was tasked to make 3 concepts for a 30 second commercial. I read the brief around 10 times before I finally started thinking of what kind of commercial it could be. Direk gave me some of his "shower" ideas and I tried to play it up. About an hour into my "creative mode," I had jotted down, in terrible handwriting, the 3 concepts I thought of. I went into Direk's office and...

... he liked them! I knew he genuinely liked 'em when I found out he emailed the 3 concepts to everyone in the office (he had me type it out after I explained to him my initially handwritten ideas). I even overheard him talking to someone on the phone explaining one of my concepts. Later that day I would find out that it was his wife who, in his words, liked the idea as well. He even shares that she found it funny, which is what I was going for! :)

I can't give the details of the concepts I passed since it is "confidential" but eventually I will share 'em... or even show 'em when the commercial [hopefully] gets produced and aired on national TV! I saw from the brief that ABS-CBN is the one having it done, so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly.


This is the only photo I took of the day since I'm still too shy to take photos of the place, expecially myself! Well, if you must know I wore a blue striped polo to work. ;)
I finished in an hour what Direk thought would take me until the end of the day to finish so he had to find something else for me to do. He gave me another product (created by the mother company of the earlier product) and asked me to do the same thing. Again, I finished in an hour.

He told me I worked too fast and that I didn't have to finish everything in a day. he just asked me to watch the past works of the company which i finished quite quickly again. I ended up editing my online portfoio on the side and uploading my past works as well.

By the way, I learned about "phantom" camera this day. Direk had me search for it and watch videos of it on youtube so I can get ideas from it. The videos were really cool but whats even cooler is that watching these videos is considered work. Haha!

I didn't talk much with the others in the office since everyone is still getting used to the new girl but by the looks of everyone, I think we would get along. Everyone looks very young and i would find out later on that they really are (well, some of 'em).

I left the office at 7pm with an assignment from Direk. He tasked me to make a mood board for the 3 concepts I submitted which he would check at noon the following day right after his morning meeting with an ad agency. I decided to work on it tomorrow morning so I would have something to be busy with 'til he comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment