Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 14

Dad dropped me off at the Salustiana building at 4am and it was pretty dark that time. I noticed someone was already inside the building since I could see a silhouette through the glass door of the building. I went down and headed inside and found out Sam was already there.

We made a quick run to 7-eleven for breakfast since I skipped eating afraid that I might be late. I bought some Yakisoba and we ate it on our way back to the building. Just as we finished our Yakisoba, the van came. We got in and embarked on our almost 2 hour trip to the location. 


Sam and I

When we got there, the production house people were already setting up the camera and the set design. The talents were already in hair and make up and a buffet table was set up for breakfast. Since I was still full from my Yakisoba, I ate only a little which wasn’t something I should regret since we would be fed a whole lot more throughout the day.

setting up the camera, styling the talents and the fake sand castle
The breakfast buffet

Sam and I wandered around checking the tents that were set up, the camera, and the set itself. We were even asked to act as extras at one point since the 11 extras on set were not enough. However, we had to be in bikinis to play the part which neither of us was not willing to do. We continued to watch the takes and felt how tiring it must be. Each scene took no less than 10 takes which the director would call “safety shots.”

The lower photos are taken when we were standing in as extras.

By lunchtime, Sam and I were bored. The heat wasn’t helping either. We had already seen the entire beach area and the other facilities of the resort and the takes looked pretty much the same each time. There was nothing left to do. We just sat at the tents and ate and ate and ate. Fortunately, I brought my laptop with me so I used the time to work on my vector skills. One of the art directors even complimented my work which was waaaaaaaaay cool. ;)

Caylabne Beach Resort (after being "dressed up") Seriously, the production design made the place appear like Boracay at least from the camera's point of view
The vector art i was working on

The shoot at the beach ended at around 5:30pm which felt longer than it actually was. We were all sticky from the wind and sweaty from the heat. I decided to take a quick shower after we had dinner to refresh myself before we proceeded to the next location to shoot the indoor scenes. 

I was amazed with how they made the night look like day with the lighting. The only scenes shot at the house were the few lines of the mom and dad inside a house. Even though their parts were still in the night, the talents were around since 5am, too. So imagine how boring that must’ve been for them as well. The time they waited was longer than the time they took to get their scenes done!

Sam, Ms. Ria and I left earlier than the others since only the product shots were on the to-do list. I got to the office at around 1130pm. Since my dad wasn’t there yet I thought of going upstairs and checking the office out (since Ms. Ria told me some of the other Accounts people were still working) but the door was locked and I didn’t want to bug them by knocking. Just as I was about to enter the elevator cart going down, dad texted he was already waiting outside. That wraps up my looooooong day. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment