Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Day 7


Ms. Ria had me do a CMR for Pharex’, The Generics Pharmacy’s and RiteMed’s radio advertisements. I had to fill up the CMR sheet again with who the perceived target was, what the perceived message is and what the perceived strategy is among other details. However, unlike the previous CMR I made (which was for a TVC of Kenny Rogers), this was radio ad so instead of a photo board I just transcribed the ad. It was pretty boring since I listened to the ads over and over thru my earphones and being the visual person that I am, you can see why I needed a whole lot of push to get the job done. It was fun to fill up the sheet though since I would use my own analysis of the advertisements. I would also get to compare what the different brands are doing better or worse than each other which the agency takes into consideration when working on their next project.

While taking a break from listening to radio ads. Now you understand how bored I was. HAHA!
 
The second meeting for the PLDT Call All shoot was scheduled today. Basically this is what they call the Feasibility Meeting. The Director made a version of the storyboard that the agency presented the previous meeting and as well as the changes they had discussed. The talents were cut down to three per character (the mom, the dad and the daughter) and this process was actually very cruel (haha). They had to criticize each VTR to the detail to find the best look for each of the part and the comments were, let’s say, uncensored. It was funny being there but it would be really hurtful if the talents were to hear it but hey, I bet they already knew this was coming.

The meeting was so detailed. The location for the shoot was discussed with matching photos of the different beaches they are considering. They even had photos of the tables, gazebos, flags, etc. that they would be setting up in the beach. Another member of the production house presented the clothes that the talents would be using with matching pegs again. The graphics, the music, etc. were all presented and I was pretty overwhelmed with how detailed everything was. 

Despite the meeting already being very detailed, there were still a lot of meeting lined up – Agency Interlock and Client interlock. Basically, they would talk about the same thing just with less and less choices. At the end, they sign everything and it’s off to the best part- the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment