Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 5


Today, Ms. Junette gave me my first task- to review the Kenny Rogers TVC which is the competitor of Max’s which is a client of DM9. I had to do a photo board of the TVC which she “ordered” from someone and fill up a CMR (Competitive Market Review) sheet which looks like this:


I had to make a photo board of the TVC to accompany the CMR sheet

Kevin, Joni and Far invited me to do a 7-eleven run for some candy and being little bored from my newspaper monitoring, I tagged along. I ended up buying some Yakisoba and a bottle of Doublemint gum.
Later during lunch, I joined my co-interns for lunch for the first time. I’ve been having lunch with Jose the first few days since I felt rather out of place (they were from the same schools). It was a great decision to hang with them for lunch. It was fun. We had BonChon chicken. ;)

Ms. Ria, another Accounts Director, briefed me for the PLDT Call All project I was going to be a part of later in the afternoon. There were 2 projects that she was working on at that time and she divided it between me and Karen. Karen got Tanduay Ice while I got PLDT Call All. She explained the step by step process of getting the shoot in order and getting the commercial to air. The first step was the meeting later that afternoon with the production house, Straight Shooters. I was paired with Sam from the creatives side this time.

The meeting was a learning experience for me. Storyboards were presented, VTR’s were shown, and even pegs were explained. I met the Director, the production designer, sound designer among others from the production house and also met the Executive creative director, and other creatives from DM9JaymeSyfu who would be working together on the project which they gave a secret name to- “Hidden.” There really are some things that the school can’t teach and I learned a few during that meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment